Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
You girls (and mike) were such a huge help in making this so very fun.
An all done up picture will be posted to see the final look, not to worry.
The plan is to not enjoy the beverages too much due to the grand opening of the Paper source in Thousand Oaks.
This girl has priorities.
The temptation of crafty goodies being only about 20 miles away now versus 60 is just fantastic.
Hot damn. Speaking of crafty.
For this festive outing tonight, I made these.
Glittery pumpkins galore.
And glitter covered corks that will be poked with a bamboo skewer and then topped with the squadron symbol printed out on transparancies.
This is a first at table settings for me, but I think it will go over well.
Especially due to the fact that everyone will be seeing it with beer goggles on.
And because everything is better with candy, it will be sprinkled all over the table to enjoy.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
*Don't be distracted by the pile o' laundry on the floor or the unmade bed please when helping with your opinion.
The occasion: a formal Navy Hawkeye ball (aka Jr. high prom for adults)
Anthony will be all foofed up in this.
The problem: I love the short fushia dress and I have killer shoes to match, but I think its more cocktaily than formal. We are living in CA where the weather has been abnormally warm even for here. So maybe I could pull off the short dress?
Or the lovely plum and violet colored one? How the top ties and is padded a bit in the boobage area, is a big plus. This mom of two wee ones needs all the help she can get. But for shoes and jewelry? What the heck color do I wear with it?
conflicted fashion victim in CA.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
- Finding out that my old favorite Japanese dollar store is now alive and kicking in the US. The closest one is way up north from me, but it's just another reason I need to make it to the Bay area asap. Back in my flight attendant days, this was always my first stop on a layover. I would spend hours ewwing and ahhing the aisles. Just the thought of reliving this past time soon has me all giddy.
- being refered to this fantastic mommy's blog. 2008's version of a love note in your lunch box. This may just get my kids eating more too. Yet another reason to make it to bulletpoint number one.
- making these little guys for various holiday projects.
- the I phone. holy crap. This thing has my mind spinning. The 2 features that woe me... Shazam and Urbanspoon
- Loving the prices at Mister art...especially for these
Thursday, November 13, 2008
A date weekend to the wine country.
Finally art journaling again thanks to Dina's class.